Sunday, January 22, 2012

i {heart} hearts

I am not sure what has gotten into me lately, but I have been totally smitten with hearts for several months now. I think I have been trying to repress this also, but I no longer can. They are sneaking out into my work like I have no control.
My style really seems to be changing, but I am enjoying the transformation, and just creating from my heart.
As you have heard me say, I am getting ready for a show next weekend. I am trying not to show too much of my new work. For one, I want people who come to the show to be able to see new things, and then I get in a pickle if someone wants to buy it and then I am short of stock for my show.
B U T......I just have to show you a few things that I am so proud of!
First this set of jewelry....heart of blues.....

Then this journal that I made after reading a bible verse on Pinterest (yes, i am addicted to pinning also!)
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" Proverbs 4:23
WOW! That is the perfect verse for an artist!
Here is the journal I was inspired to make after reading that verse.


I love the texture in this......


If it were my journal I wouldnt be able to stop touching all the textures and frays.


I hope this journal gets a really special home.....
and that the owner of this journal remembers...
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" Proverbs 4:23

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hello Dawn
I saw your intro. over at the Hello Soul Welcome post, and thought, now there's a familiar name! :-) So nice to see we'll be "classmates" in Beth and Kelly Rae's class.

Your hearts are really pretty - great that you are following your HEART if that is what you are in the mood to create. I like the heart motif myself. And I just love your journal cover and how you can simply slip in a notebook inside? The colors and textures are great.

carrie (believemagic) said...

beautiful journal

Nancy said...

Beautiful work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails