Thursday, October 31, 2013

Something New from Something Old

Since Halloween is wrapping up I am starting to get Christmas on my
mind.  Waaaaaaay back when I was about 12, I made this advent calendar.  Every year I find it around February, long after Christmas, tuck it away being sure I will remember where I hid it, then Christmas comes and lo & behold I can't find it!  It would be way too logical to put it with my Christmas decorations!

I was on a mission this weekend to find it and I did!!!


It's pretty pathetic!  I can't even figure out what some of the ornaments are!


I am trying to decide if I should make a new one and keep this for old times sake, or redo this one......


I am leaning towards making a brand new one with this same concept.  It will be good to keep this one to look back on.  I didn't even stitch down the numbers!!!!  And my mom proudly hung this in the dining room every year! WOW!


Since I began writing this post I also found the original pattern.


I have also been doing some brainstorming and doodling.  I even wake up in the middle of the night thinking about this.


Just trying to decide on a color scheme, greens with fuchsia or greens with royal blue.
Stay tuned to see how this renovation goes!  I've got one month to complete it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails